Wednesday, May 29, 2013

thankfulness

I've started this blog post over three times now, not really sure where to begin.  I want to write about thankfulness, about how I've experienced thankfulness today.  So that's what I'm trying to say, if it isn't making any sense :)

I took all my pictures down off my wall today - they were all my 'home' pictures which have been up since I arrived in Thailand.  I'm starting to pack up my room as I'm going away, then will be in a different room for the time I'm back here before returning to Australia.  My walls look extremely blank and white now, with no familiar faces smiling down at me.
It made me think of all the new photos I'll have to put up at home.  All the things I've had the opportunity to experience and the people I've met this last year and a half in Thailand.  The way God has encouraged and blessed and grown me.

This week is graduation week at Grace International School, where the dorm kids attend.  As we drove home tonight from a graduation dinner, I was quietly thanking God for all He has blessed me with this past year.  And then I realised the thing I'm most thankful for.

It's not any experience I've had, or any person I've met.

It's the fact that I don't just send my thankfulness out into the universe, wondering why I'm so blessed.

I know who to be thankful to for everything.


I know the God of heaven.  I know he loves me.  I know He blesses and challenges and tests and encourages me.  I know it is to Him I know my life.

And today I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to be thankful to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment