Friday, January 11, 2013

welcome

I decided to start a blog.
I've been thinking about it for a while, but hadn't known where to start, but now I've just decided to do it.

I wonder what this blog will look like?
I wonder if I'll ever write on it, or if I do, how often?
I wonder if anyone will read it?
I wonder what I'll write about?  Things deep, things trivial, things Thailand.

Well, whoever you are, lovely reader, you are very welcome to come along on this journey with me and see where it takes us.  I'm happy to have you.

I suppose this blog was sort of a New Years resolution.  Those are something I've never been very good at, going into the year with plans and promises that quickly fade into memory.  This year felt a little different.  Living, as I do, on an American school year schedule, I felt more like my year started with the school year, back in August.  Not that I really made any resolutions then, either.  My 2013 New Year celebrations consisted of sitting in Melbourne Airport waiting for my flight back to Thailand, and an announcement saying "3..2..1..Merry...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" with some awkward hesitation, and a lot of laughter from weary travelers.
Don't get me wrong though, I still have high hopes and exciting dreams for what 2013 will hold.  I've committed it to God, and know He has some great things in store!


3 comments:

  1. Hello and welcome to the blogging world...I hope you do blog at least once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will read it Mindy! It will make me happy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melinda,

    I'm on board with this. Looking forward to your poetry and hums!

    ReplyDelete